How Downtown Kitchener Turned into a Coffee Lover’s Paradise
When: Saturday, May 4, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Where: Begin at Fresh Ground (256 King Street East), end at Show and Tell Coffee (30 Ontario Street North)
Walk Leader: Anna Beard
Indie coffee shops – they’re intimate spaces, designed for feet, flirtatious conversations, collaboration and idea generation. They’ve become pillars of education and design. And downtown Kitchener loves them.
We’ll take a wander along King Street between Eby and Ontario, pausing outside four fab java huts, sharing stories of how they came to be and swapping our own tales of how coffee is so much more than a drink.
- Accessibility: City sidewalks with some uneven terrain. Slight incline.
- Family friendly: yes
- Bicycle friendly: yes
- Walk distance: <1 km from start to finish
- Fresh Ground Coffee
- Elevenses on Scott
- Smile Tiger Coffee @ J&P Grocery
- Show & Tell Coffee
- Parking: If you’re travelling to the walk via car, parking is available at Kitchener City Hall or the municipal lot at Duke/Ontario, conveniently across the street from Show and Tell. Transit:
- Taking Grand River Transit: 7A, 7B, 7F, 200 iXpress or 204 iXpress will get you close to our starting location.
- Biking: King Street East/West is a shared pathway for bicycles and cars. A bike map is available for review.